We’re here when you need us most
We know that a veterinary emergency can be a stressful time for you and your pet, so we do our best to help make the process easier for everyone. When you need an emergency vet clinic, you don’t want to spend time searching for “emergency animal hospitals near me” or looking up phone numbers. Put Animal Medical Center’s phone number in your phone’s contact list, and save our address – 1536 E. Anderson Ln., Austin, TX, 78752 – in your map’s favorites. That way, when you have an emergency and need an emergency veterinarian most, you’re prepared.
Please call us at 512-832-4119 on the way to our animal emergency hospital if you have a dog emergency or cat emergency, and we will help you through this frightening time. We promise to communicate with you every step of the way.
What constitutes a dog or cat emergency?
You should bring your dog or cat in to Austin Animal Medical Center’s emergency pet hospital immediately if:
- They are hit by a car or other blunt-force trauma, such as a human falling on them or a kick from a horse
- They are bitten by a snake, spider, or other venomous insect or creature
- They ingest any poisonous or foreign objects
- They are choking
- They are unable to move
- They are bleeding profusely
- They are having trouble breathing
- Their body temperature is abnormal (for cats and dogs, normal temperature is between 100˚ and 102˚ F)
- They have a seizure
- They lose consciousness
- They are vomiting excessively or have excessive diarrhea
- They are behaving abnormally in any way
These are a few common dog and cat emergencies. When in doubt, bring your pet to Animal Medical Center – it’s best to come unnecessarily than to wait until it’s too late.
Can Austin Animal Medical Center perform emergency surgery?
Yes, Austin Animal Medical Center offers emergency surgery as well as critical care. Please try to call ahead in case of an emergency to alert us to the situation and allow us to prepare. However, we are not a 24-hour veterinary clinic.
If your dog or cat is injured or ill, call us at 512-832-4119 and head straight to our veterinary practice with your pet.